Please read carefully. If you buy from us via our web site or by phone then you are accepting the following:
Vintage & Antique Furniture
- These items are not new pieces and as such they can have characterful imperfections. Cracks, stains, polish marks and other age related defects are normal and will not be accepted as faulty or returnable. All vintage furniture is sold as seen and as fit for the purpose that they are intended.
- If items are painted: we choose varying techniques to do on each piece to complement its original style and character. As such, on some items you will see brush strokes. This is to give a vintage or rustic appearance and is done deliberately for this purpose. Some items are purposely distressed and/ or aged. Some are not. Please look at all of the photographs provided and read the descriptions thoroughly.
- Some items we keep in their ‘old’ original painted condition or provide as stripped – back to the raw wood. We make this clear in the description.
- We personally hand-paint & finish all other painted pieces.
- Original paint & hand-painted finishes do not replicate a modern ‘sprayed’ look. This unique finish is what sets the items apart from mass produced High Street furniture.
- We strive to be accurate in our descriptions and photograph the pieces to the best of our ability. If you are in doubt as to the finish or colour of an item we encourage you to contact Pomponette for further clarification and visit the shop to view the piece at your convenience prior to purchase.
Bespoke Paint & Finishing Service
- Prior to any work undertaken, clients are required to complete and sign a contract form that details the work to be carried out in detail as discussed.
- Payment in full is required prior to commencement of any work. No refunds are given when the work has begun. This includes paint, waxing and upholstery services.
- Pomponette are not responsible if you do not like the finished piece as we have followed your instructions and styling as agreed in the contract.
- Customers that bring in their own furniture for Pomponette to transform, do so at their own risk.
- Any changes agreed mutually after completion will incur a 2nd full paint service charge.
- If you see anything on our web site that you would like, please contact us for availability, further details if required and to reserve/ purchase via phone 0116 262 0573 or email email@example.com.
- We accept credit cards/ debit cards for payment (Visa, Mastercard, Switch, and Maestro etc).
- Payments can be made over the telephone or in person at our Leicester shop.
- Pomponette will never ask you for your personal bank details and we do not store any of your financial data.
- For shop stock, vintage furniture (or any 2nd hand goods) & bespoke items, full payment is required at the time of ordering. Special Order items are only available to order in store and require a 50% deposit*, with full payment due no later than 30 days prior to collection/ delivery.
*Charge for cancellation prior to delivery is 100% deposit.
- You have the option to collect goods from our shop in Leicester free of charge. All collections have to be arranged with us prior to collection so that we can prepare your piece to leave the shop.
- Delivery of some accessories is available at extra cost. Please contact us with your postcode for a quotation.
- All smaller goods are dispatched via a Recorded/ Tracked service and will require a signature on receipt.
Relating to the delivery of our furniture:
- We deliver from our shop in Leicester. The postcode is LE1 5DR.
- Delivery of our vintage hand-painted and new furniture is available locally at extra cost. Most postcodes in Leicester/ Leicestershire are charged from £25 regardless of number of items purchased. Some postcodes further out towards other counties are charged between £30 and £35. Small pieces can be considerably less depending on postcode. Please contact us with your postcode to check.
- We also have a number of reliable & experienced national delivery partners. For national furniture delivery please contact us with your postcode. National delivery is from £50 to most destinations in England & Wales dependent on postcode, items and service required. Higher rates apply to Scottish Borders, Scotland & Cornwall postcodes.
- Our furniture delivery is via private specialised couriers and is classified as a premium delivery service if chosen. You will be required to pay the delivery company direct for the service and not Pomponette.
- Our standard local and national delivery service for is a one man transportation service and for heavier/ bulky items will require you to help at the other end.
- If our one man service (requiring help at the other end) is not suitable for you then it is your responsibility to inform us in advance if you require a two man service. Higher delivery charges will apply for a two man service.
- We aim to deliver locally within 10 days. Many are completed within 7 days.
- We aim to deliver nationally within 28 days.
- Pomponette and/or our delivery partners will communicate with you regarding delivery days/ times and as such you will understand and have been informed when to expect the delivery of your furniture. For the delivery to go ahead you will need to confirm with us and/or our delivery partners that the arranged date/ times are satisfactory.
- You are responsible for the cost of any failed deliveries (including additional return costs and future deliveries) due to absence/ inappropriate access or space or for any other reason that results in an item being immediately returned to Pomponette through a failed delivery that is deemed out of our control.
- Pomponette reserve the right to charge for storage at a daily rate for items returned through failed delivery whilst future delivery dates are being organised.
- We have the right to cancel scheduled deliveries and re-arrange alternative dates for reasons that are beyond our control.
- Deliveries made by Pomponette are fully insured.
- You are welcome to arrange your own transportation / courier of which you will be fully responsible of insuring the item in transit. Pomponette will take no responsibility after the item has left the premises.
- In these instances the collection schedule must be fully confirmed as satisfactory by Pomponette at least 3 days in advance.
- Deliveries made by 3rd parties not organised by us but by you are not insured by Pomponette. All items leave Pomponette in their showroom condition and are inspected thoroughly before collection / delivery. Pomponette are not responsible for any damage that may occur once an item has left the premises and no return will be accepted or refund given.
- Our measure given is approximate but we do aim to round up to the nearest cm. It is your responsibility to check the sizes given and the description thoroughly to gauge delivery accessibility and fit. Remember that when you measure a space for furniture to fit you need to be generous and allow a little extra. Never measure exact as non-straight walls, coving, rails, skirting boards and lots of other things can have an impact. If you reject an item due to inaccessibility or measure inaccuracies you will be charged full delivery costs (including initial delivery costs and subsequent delivery charges for the item to return to Pomponette).
Please note: This returns policy does not apply to items purchased directly from our Leicester shop.
- Returns within 14 days of purchase if the following terms are met (see exclusions below). 1) items are not returned without confirmation & acknowledgement from Pomponette 2) you notify us prior & WITHIN 14 days of receipt of the item 3) you return the item WITHIN the 14 days following the 2 week (14 days) cancellation period (WITHIN 28 days of receipt of the item) 4) the item is returned at your own expense (in the case of furniture we have the right to choose and organise the return carrier to ensure our usual suitably reputable and approved antique/ furniture carriers are used) 5) the item is in perfect condition as when it left Pomponette; the item is unused and in the original unopened packaging that is free from damage 6) Pomponette have the right to make an appropriate deduction if the value of the goods have been diminished by the consumer beyond that which is thought necessary to establish the nature and functioning of the goods received.
IMPORTANT: Customers are responsible for the cost of returning an item and for its safety during return transportation. It is recommended that you arrange acceptable proof of postage and insurance on the goods against damage or loss.
- We are not liable for any packages lost in the post, and therefore suggest the item must be sent back using a traceable/recorded delivery method as it was dispatched. This is to avoid lost items and so that we can track your item.
- A refund for the original product price ONLY will be processed when we have received the item safely & after we have inspected the item thoroughly and are satisfied that the item has been returned in the condition it was sent out (with its original, undamaged packaging).
- Any refund given after inspection is less any premium delivery service charges (packages or furniture courier services). We cannot reimburse you the original delivery charge that you paid for any larger or furniture items that have been shipped via courier or reimburse /refund you the return delivery costs on ANY returned items.
- Orders are checked before being dispatched and are packaged with extra care to avoid damage during transit, however, if your order is damaged or faulty when you receive it please notify us within 24 hours of receipt (packages), after this time we will not accept responsibility. In the case of furniture please check the item on arrival and notify the driver immediately so he can return it immediately. (This excludes original defects in antique/ vintage furniture that is not classed as faulty or damaged as detailed above).
- There is no return/ refund or credit on made to order and made to measure items, special order furniture and accessories, personalised items, bespoke paint/upholstery commissions or items where the original packaging has been opened and/or discarded.
- All prices of new items (excluding books) are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- Second-hand, vintage & antique items are subject to margin-scheme VAT & therefore do not give the right to an input credit of VAT.
- Pomponette does not share your personal information with 3rd parties (other than if necessary to complete your order for delivery purposes).
- Any content is copyright of Pomponette Limited © 2014. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written consent.
10 Loseby Lane
VAT number: GB 122 4984 17