Previous life: Dark Mahogany.
All of our pre-loved furniture is transformed using Chalk Paint™, decorative paint by Annie Sloan. To finish, the item is waxed with Annie Sloan soft wax. The wax seals in the paint and provides strength and durability to the piece so allowing you to clean marks or stains using a slightly damp cloth or chamois with a little mild soap.
Please note that measure is approximate, in cm and maximum sizes are given.
Especially Created for the Re-interment of Richard III – SOLD
Richard III Tall Chest of Drawers
- Large tall chest of drawers/ tallboy. Very spacious deep, wide drawers.
- Separates into bottom chest of two full width drawers and upper chest of three full width drawers with a top level of three smaller width drawers
- Vintage, age unknown
- Possibly mahogany?
- Aged Graphite
- Interior of drawers: Lightened Versailles
- Hand-painted white rose running from the bottom of the chest, up through the frame & five of the wide drawers (created using various mixes of Chalk Paint ™)
- Low inscription on bottom drawer of Richard’s signature and a Crown, hand-painted in Renaissance liquid metal
- All metal knobs are kept in their original finish which have a natural aged patina
- W104 H142 D54
- Graphite – (black) for mourning & respect. Black was also a very fashionable colour in medieval art/fashion/ textiles & interiors
- Green – for immortality & re-birth
- The White Rose to symbolise the White Rose of York
- The crown for his loss & reign cut short at the Battle of Bosworth Field, Leicestershire 1485
Pomponette Home Accessories Focus:
No accessories were used in this photography
If you are interested in any of our featured accessories, contact us for current availability and prices.